Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Winthrop Property Management
Assistant Property Manager (Bi-lingual) Riverstone Residentail Group
Austin, TX 78741 United States
Based on experience, includes hourly pay, leasing commissions, and delinquency bonus.
Management - Onsite
The Assistant Property Manager assists the Property Manager with the overall operation of the property. This position is also
responsible for collecting and posting rent payments; managing resident delinquencies, evictions, and legal notices; and
performing pre-close and closeout accounting processes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Maintains all accounts receivable including collecting rent, posting rent, making daily bank deposits, and maintaining
balanced, accurate rent roll.
• Accurately and timely completes daily, weekly and monthly financial and leasing reports, including month-end pre-close,
closeout, market surveys, and lease expiration matrix.
• Audits records and files to identify dates requiring administrative action, such as lease expiration dates, delinquent accounts,
and unlawful detainers.
• Collects delinquent account balances from previous residents.
• Processes evictions, which includes processing all necessary paperwork, serving notices, and attending court hearings.
• Leases apartments as needed.
• Responsible for shopping competitive properties.
• Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
• Processes move-ins, move-outs, and lease renewals.
• Audits all new and current lease agreements and resident files for accuracy.
• Assists Property Manager with training staff on leasing, entering traffic into the computer, marketing, maintenance, and
general office operations.
• Composes and prepares routine correspondence, rental notices, and other letters and memorandums.
• Assists the Property Manager in resident relations and problem resolution.
• Assists Property Manager with Timecard submission.
• Assists with resident retention, which may involve planning and organizing social events at the property.
• Assumes responsibility for the operations of the property in the absence of the Property Manager.
• Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
• Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local,
state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
• Minimum 1 year of residential leasing and/or management experience is preferred for this position.
• Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
• Ability to use a personal computer and has working knowledge of email, Microsoft Word, Excel and Yardi (or other on-site
• Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, 10-key and key track system.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical and accounting functions.
• Ability to read and comprehend financial statements, such as budgets, financial reports, accounting information, etc.
• Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
• Ability to close a sale.
Ability to manage a team.
• Ability to train.
• Ability to set and meet goals.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to drive an automobile.
• Current driver license and automobile insurance.
• Real estate license (if required by state).
• Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
• Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
• Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
• Must be reachable at all times via phone or pager, except during approved time off.
• Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
• Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
• Some travel may be required.
Education, training, experience:
This position requires at least 1 year experience in the apartment industry with at least 6 months experience as an Assistant Manager in the apartment industry. Candidate must be bi-lingual (english/spanish) and have some working knowledge of tax credit and/or affordable) Experience with Real Page/One Site is helpful.
Terms & Conditions