Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Winthrop Management LP
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor - Riverstone Residential Group
Austin, TX 78726 United States
Based on experience. Includes hourly pay, renewal commission split, uniforms (include shirts, shorts/pants, boots), housing discount available.
Maintenance - Supervisor
The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor functions in a support role to the Maintenance Manager/Supervisor, or leads in the
absence of the Maintenance Manager/Supervisor, by ensuring that the physical aspects of the property meet the company’s
established standards and any applicable laws. This position participates in leading the on-site maintenance staff, as well as
diagnosing maintenance problems for the property.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists supervisor with managing the on-site maintenance staff.
• Leads in diagnosing problems and repairs for the property in the areas of as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry
walling, exterior structural, and appliances.
• Schedules, monitors, and performs preventative maintenance and apartment turns.
• Purchases maintenance supplies for the property while staying within the planned budget.
• Inspects apartments before and after move-in and move-outs, as well as after the apartment has been turned, and ensures
compliance with National Standards.
• Responds promptly and accurately to work order requests from residents, as well as delegates work orders to maintenance
• Performs property inspections on a regular basis in order to maintain cleanliness as well as to identify any problems.
• Obtains bids from outside contractors and oversees contractor work for completeness.
• Accurately prepares and submits property invoices in accordance with established guidelines and deadlines.
• Assists supervisor with vendor selection and relations, so as to ensure quality performance.
• Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
• Responds to on-call pager when scheduled.
• Ensures pool and fitness areas are inspected daily.
• Communicates with supervisor regarding the overall maintenance function of the property.
• Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants.
• Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
• Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local,
state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum 2 to 3 years of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related
trade is preferred.
• Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
• Ability to use a personal computer and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as other computer tracking
systems used at the property.
• Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
• Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
• Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
• Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
• Ability to lead a team.
• Ability to train.
• Ability to set and meet goals.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
• Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to drive an automobile.
• Current driver license and automobile insurance.
May require one or more of the following certifications:
• EPA Certification, Type I and II.
• HVAC Certification.
• CPO certification (pool).
• Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
• Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
• Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
• Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
• Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
• Must be reachable via phone or pager, except during approved time off.
• Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
• Some travel may be required.
• Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
• Frequent stooping.
• Moderate hearing, talking, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, use of fingers, and handling.
• Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
• Pronounced visual acuity (near and far) and field of vision.
• Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
• Ability to identify and distinguish color.
• Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors using
• Ability to compare, copy, compute, compile, analyze, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
• Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
• Ability to work under moderate to minimal supervision.
• Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different
• Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
• Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
• Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
• Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, moving mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
Education, training, experience:
Requires at least 3 years prior apartment industry maintenance experience. Preferance to candidates who have experience on 400+ unit communities. This is not an entry level position, and must have a strong, verifable background working with, AC, Heat, Plumbing, and team management. Must be AC Certified, and CPO certification recomended. Must live within 30 minutes driving distance of 78726 zip code.
Terms & Conditions